Humber Maritime College is the UK’s newest MNTB and MCA approved Merchant Navy Cadet College, having launched in September 2019.
Based on the River Humber in North East Lincolnshire, Humber Maritime College is part of the Grimsby Institute, an Ofsted Outstanding college and with a TEF Silver accredited university centre.
At Humber Maritime College there is a strong welfare and pastoral programme to prepare cadets for going to sea and a commitment to learning environments which value student success, development and personal growth.
Clyde Marine Training cadets at Humber Maritime College can also enjoy the following benefits:
- All College Tuition Fees covered by sponsoring company
- Weekly sponsorship payments of up to £175 per week
- Gain invaluable time at sea with one of our partner shipping companies
- Benefit from full access to the industry-leading simulation and training facilities and a highly knowledgeable teaching staff
- Three DNV approved bridge simulators, including 3600 full mission bridge simulator
- Full mission engine room simulator
- High Voltage simulator
- Full suite of Dynamic Positioning simulators
- ECDIS radar simulators
- 24-hour Learning Resource Centre
- Three Halls of Residence
- £6m Sports Centre
- Extensive engineering workshops
- Purpose built training facility with a Transas full bridge marine simulator with three training bridges, ECDIS suite and a radio simulation room
- café/restaurant offering a range of snacks and meals from early morning to late evening
- Library and virtual learning environment
- Peterhead port is only a short distance away