At Clyde Marine Training, we pride ourselves on being the market leader in the following services:
- Holistic cadet management services from recruitment to graduation
- Cadet administration and logistics services
- Finance administration including running a cadet payroll
- SMarT funding management
- Legislative compliance
- Tonnage Tax services including submissions
- Advice on maintenance of your Core Training Commitment
- Cadet competency evaluations and training
Our services are all tailored to meet your specific needs and covered within our transparent fee structure.
Read below to find out more or contact us by telephone: 0141 427 6655 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The accompanying film was a presentation given by Clyde Marine Training, with a focused insight for ship owners on the benefits of UK tonnage tax in relation to the training of a merchant navy cadet workforce.
It will help inform ship owners and operators of the potential cost benefits of the Tonnage Tax system, and will explore the modern-day requirement to mould professionals who are equipped to execute the maritime roles of the future both onboard and ashore.
Formed in 1986 with the aim of addressing the acute shortage in Merchant Navy Officers, Clyde Marine Training (CMT) has remained at the forefront of producing the industry’s highest quality cadets.
Representing the sector’s leading shipping companies and managing approximately half of all cadets in training at any one time, we have attained and maintained our position as the UKs leading Merchant Navy Training provider through a focus on quality, collaboration and transparency, ensuring that cadets and our clients are at the heart of our processes.
Our quality is demonstrated through the thousands of cadets we have managed to achieve their goal of becoming Merchant Navy officers, resulting in long and distinguished careers, and we remain proud of each and every one of our graduates.
Collaboration can be seen in the close working relationships we have developed with nautical colleges throughout the UK, but also through the additional services offered through our sister companies that we enjoy as being part of the wider Northern Marine Group, more of which you can see below.
And transparency in our relationships with our clients, offering them clear choices on how we manage cadets on their behalf, and visibility over of all aspects of their training.
Through our mobile friendly online application form, completed by thousands of prospective candidates each year, CMT feeds all of these submissions into our Cadet Database allowing our team to review and select for interview those candidates who meet the high standards required by our clients.
But our service does not stop when we put forward the cadets for training, we work hand-in-hand with our college partners to ensure that they are closely supported through all phases of training.
Our custom-built and customer focused Cadet database, ensures that all essential legal and medical documentation is maintained and secure throughout the duration of training.
CMT are engaged with a number of industry bodies and work to ensure the needs of industry and our clients are represented at the highest levels. We have been involved in a number of initiatives including GAFT, the predecessor to SMarT funding, and the development of the MNTB Training Record Book. We are members of the UK Chamber of Shipping as well as the MNTB’s Technical and Program Approval Committees.
CMT training officers also regularly visit all colleges, or arrange online 1:1 sessions, to ensure that each cadet has an opportunity to speak directly to them, address any issues and report their progress to the sponsoring company.
In a nutshell we provide full service support – from start to finish – for all our cadets and clients.
- We manage the full process of SMarT claims, complying with legislation and advising of any changes to the scheme or opportunities for further claims
- Through our many years of experience, including a government advisory role, CMT can guide and assist in meeting the requirements of your Tonnage Tax training obligation
- The running of a full payroll system including sponsorship payments, deductions and expenses taking the stress and strain away from your Cadet Management staff
- We are part of a global organisation engaged in the management of ships crew, giving us a credible insight to the needs of industry from the cadetship program
- Our wider group operate an owned and managed fleet, guaranteeing berth access to deep sea vessels to support our clients when needed
- Operations staff based in the UK and Asia to provide routine logistics coverage 16 hours per day, supported by our 24 hour out of hours emergency support
- All travel requirements are handled by our sister company Clyde Travel Management which allows us to have full booking availability, marine fares and ticketing on-site
- Dependent on location, all required STCW training is fulfilled by our sister company Clyde Training Solutions at their state-of-the-art training centre in Glasgow
- In addition to regular 1:1 sessions, a 24/7 service is provided for cadets (and clients) to call in the event of an emergency
All of this is underpinned by our industry leading Client Extranet, built and supported by our in-house software development team.
Clyde Marine Training are able to provide this breadth of service due to our position within a global network of companies.
Our parent company, Northern Marine Group, itself part of the larger Stena Group, boasts a range of companies and service provision, for both cadets and other areas of your business that other training providers cannot provide
Clyde Travel Management, who can handle all aspects of cadet travel, with access to marine fares not generally available on a direct B2B basis, and whose system ensures that any savings on flight bookings are passed onto the client…even after booking.
Clyde Training Solutions, providing all essential initial entry and refresher safety training for the marine, offshore and renewables sectors.
Northern Marine Manning Services, providing crewing services for the marine and offshore industries, and much needed sea-time to allow cadets to meet their requirements.
Austen Maritime Services, global one-stop partner for ship agency requirements, personnel management and marine projects.
These are just some of the services Northern Marine Group can supply, however, and we invite you to visit the website to find out more: www.nmg-stena.com