Clyde Marine Training work on behalf of major shipping organisations, who act as your sponsors, and alongside the UKs leading nautical schools/colleges to train the next generation of Merchant Navy Officers.
During your time at college – five phases over three years, split between in-class and at sea training – your tuition fees will be fully covered, and you will receive a minimum payment of £800 per month.
You can apply for one of our positions today by completing our online application form.
The form is divided into 4 short sections covering:
- Desired position and start date
- Personal and contact details
- Academic qualifications
- Previous experience
The form will take approx. 10 minutes to complete – and can be completed on desktop or mobile devices – and the only information you may be required to locate prior to completing the form is your academic qualifications:
Please note the minimum qualifications required for courses currently offered:
- HNC Deck/Engineering Officer route – 4 GCSEs/Standard Grades/ Nat 5s graded A-C including Maths, English & Science Based Subject
- PD/FD Deck/Engineering Officer route – 48 UCAS points from Highers/A-Levels including Maths and/or Physics
- HND Electro-Technical Officer route – 48 UCAS points from Highers/A-Levels including Maths and/or Physics
If, however, you have completed or are currently undertaking a Marine Pre-Cadetship, this will also be accepted as substitute for the above qualifications.