Tanker Fire Fighting
Tanker Fire Fighting
Duration: 1/2 Day course
Entry Requirements: Those undertaking this training must have completed Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting and Fire Fighting or be in the process of completing it or similar training acceptable to the MCA. Learners must be fit to participate in all aspects of the training, in particular the physically demanding acpects of the training - we may consider asking for proof of an up to date ENG 1 medical in order to prove candidate fitness
This course is designed to give Seafarers the essential education and training in fire fighting and operations onboard tankers (oil, chemical, liquefied gas) meeting the knowledge, understanding and proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in Tables A-V/1-1-1 and A/V/1-2-1 in for oil and chemical tankers and liquefied gas tanker cargo.
By the end of the training the candidate will be able to carry out fire fighting operations onboard tankers.
- They will be able to Describe typical tanker fire response and fire fighting organisation and procedures
- Identify the special hazards associated with cargo handling and transportation of hazardous and noxious liquids and liquefied gases in bulk
- Carry out the initial actions on discovering a fire
- Describe the correct fire fighting agents used to extinguish oil, chemical and liquefied gas fires
- Describe the use of fixed deck fire fighting equipment including dry powder and foam
- Demonstrate as a team member use of the deck foam monitor and use of a deck dry power installation
- Demonstrate and use portable fire fighting foam equipment
- Describe spill containment in relation to fire fighting operations
Upon successful completion of the training all candidates will be issued with an approved certificate.
This course takes place in our Glasgow Training centre:
Seaforth Road North
Glasgow G52 4JQ
Although we are also able to offer these courses throughout Scotland and the rest of the UK (provided that minimum numbers are met.)
To see where and when the next Tanker Fire Fighting course takes place please visit our Short Course Calendar.