Entry into enclosed spaces
Entry into Enclosed Spaces
Duration: 1 Day course
This training is designed in accordance with MNTB guidelines. The training is required to meet the requirements set out in the Merchant Shipping (Entry into Dangerous Spaces) Regulations 1988 (SI 1988 No. 1638) (the Regulations), IMO Resolution A.864 (20) Recommendations for entering enclosed spaces aboard ships (adopted on 27 November 1997) and the Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seamen (COSWP).
There will be both practical and theoretical training with fully qualified instructors.
The course will include:
- Recognising a potentially dangerous enclosed space
- Complete a typical enclosed space entry Permit to Work
- Carry out safe testing of an atmosphere prior to entry
- Use typical industry test equipment including knowledge of its maintenance & testing/calibration requirements
- Carry out a safe enclosed space entry
- Carry out rescue from an enclosed space
- Carry out safety attendant role
To see where and when the next Entry into enclosed spaces course takes place please visit our Short Course Calendar.